[That offer feels so out of left field, she has to see what's up now.]
One moment
[She goes to do just that.]
[Catching up takes a while since Jusis has a fair amount to share in his recent announcement. Some of the information is old news, heard from Jun when Krusnik last got brought up on the network. However, most are revelations of a very, very heavy sort.]
[ he'll wait until eve's gotten the full run-down, read what she needs to read, understands what's going on. by the time she comes back, he'll be ready to finish his thoughts. ]
The very same. Dante found out a bunch of shit about them from his buddy, zero. apparently they target younger people; steal them away and try to turn them into some sort of monster for their own means.
im already worried about Kni ...but im worried about you, too, out on your own youre the exact sort of person they'd target and while im sure you do know how to take care of yourself id be more peace of mind if you came and stayed with us until this was all over
[Her thoughts are going a mile a minute. Danger has been introduced to the city in a way they haven't faced before. This isn't dinosaurs roaming the streets or a monthly gate opening. The threat is already here, but they can't see it.]
[It's almost enough to distract her from the calls for lethal force, but not quite. Those worries are for another day.]
I know who they are. People who escaped from Krusnik brought them up while back.
[Months, it was months. Zero, that was the one who got that conversation going, yes? Eve hadn't talked to her, but she'd been quietly watching. Noting the similarities. She only spoke up when Jun addressed the app, confirming her suspicion. That they had a similar background.]
Like me, they were trained to become weapons. Is Zero safe? What about Jun?
[Focusing on the others feels better than lingering on the obvious: that she too is a target.]
[In certain circumstances, she might be more resistant towards his request, striving towards more independence. But not now. The thought of someone coming here, where she lived almost alone, her poor barely-trusted nanny definitely unable to defend them both. It brings back a terrible feeling in her gut. She can almost feel phantom pain in her right hand, recall the sound of gunfire splintering the wooden door frame. A mask and cowboy hat doing nothing to hide a killer's eyes.]
[She's already faced an attacker alone once. Eve won't forget how it went.]
I'll go. The person from Zodiac who checks on me, she's not a fighter. She shouldn't get involved in something like this.
Once I'm packed, how do I get there? I shouldn't go alone. Right?
We've heard some rumors than some really dangerous people are around. People who might be looking to hurt kids. I wanted to check you were safe. Also, you know, to let you know somethings up. Might be a good idea to not travel alone right now.
I see. That might explain why I've been getting more messages the last few days.
[Vash might be the talkative type, but even so she's noticed the sudden uptick in texts from him. Checking in how she's doing, what's up, does she want a ride out for her visit.]
I am safe for now. I'll keep an eye out. And not travel alone.
[There are plenty of people in the Zodiac apartments. She's pretty sure she could find a group for shopping if she starts running out of food.]
Yeah. That might about do it. People are really scared.
But thanks! That's a good idea.
[Maybe if things get bad enough they can get her somewhere safe. Varian distrusts the Zodiac apartments for his own reasons. He never went back after they aimed their thinly veiled threat at him during the peach mess.]
Anytime. We're all in this together, right? And thanks, Eve. I am. The place I live has a bunch of wards. Dad'll keep me safe.
[Are the dangerous people some kind of killer? Another batch of kidnappings? She wishes she knew what to expect.]
There's nothing to thank me for. I can stay inside for a couple days. Hopefully we have more information by then.
[Eve doesn't blame him, having witnessed what went down. She had briefly considered looking for a place outside Zodiac living during the Peach mess. But in the end, Eve decided against it. Too many people leaving would have attracted more suspicion.]
Right. Together.
I'm glad you're safe with your dad. [Wait.] When did he reach the city?
its been about a week or so since we brought you back to those Zodiac apartments hasnt it!!!
howsit going???
honestly been a bit worried about you, living there kind'a on your own and stuff like i know youre old enough to take care of yourself and stuff but idk
um
i dunno how to word this without sounding real dumb i know the cottage is like TINY tiny and there's only two beds and the hammock outside but
i got this SUPER fuckin neat thing a few days ago... and um i think, if you want like no pressure if you dont wanna but!!!
if youre okay with the idea you can come back and live at the cottage again for good this time? um wolfwood made you your own bedroom.
[Eve picks up the phone so quick when it buzzes. Has it been that long?]
I'm alright. Things are... Quiet.
[The place is quiet. She hadn't noticed it before, but after being in a hubbub of squabbles, chatty mealtimes, and occasional piano music, the apartment felt... empty.]
[Lonely.]
[Is she old enough, is she. Of course, Eve might think she's able to care for herself, but that's because she's a stubborn spirit under that quiet demeanor. Still, she gets tired, being on her own.]
[So right now, Vash fumbling over his words goes over her head as she's zeroed on the meaning behind them.]
I can go back? I can stay?
[She would have been willing to sleep in one of the chairs if needed still, but... did Vash say Wolfwood made her a bedroom??]
[ he understands that loneliness. the want for company, but the stubbornness to stay alone for some other sake. Maybe his own reasons were different than eve's, but at current there's... no reason to be alone.
the cottage was small and that was the only reason vash got her ready to leave. But after exploring the teapot he'd bought for days, there was no doubt in his mind--there was room for her there.
There was no reason for her to be alone. Not when she had somewhere to stay that wasn't full of echoes and silence. ]
yeah yeah... yeah!!! you can come back you can stay you'll see for yourself when you get here, um actually no, we can bring it with us you dont even need to 'move out', the... thing we have where your bedroom is like a little handheld dimension...
oh boot on explaining it when do you want me and Nico to come pick you up?
[Eve had noticed the lack of room during her stay. Not that she minded, strictly speaking. While the safe houses that the sweepers stayed in were usually bigger, she didn't take up much space herself. But the Zodiac apartment was her place, still, so she came back.]
[She hadn't expected it to seem so different. Or perhaps she was the one that changed.]
[Eve has picked up the phone and is pacing as she dictates speech-to-text. Excitement moving her feet as she scopes out what needs to come with her.]
Can you come today? Wait, I should tell my housekeeper. [Nanny.] Maybe in a couple of hours?
[Congratulations, Eve! You got an absolute anxious mess with a very nervous guilt complex about Santa and Christmas as your Secret Santa gift-giver this year!
As such, after realizing that his Secret Santa is an actual child who is most likely really looking forward to the Holiday and as such he would never recover if he even slightly messed this up... Eve is going to get a very neatly wrapped present delivered to her door, equipped with a pleasant little corporate Happy Holidays card and a gift receipt.
In it, packed so, so neatly, is an assortment of photography essentials, including filters, a case, a tripod, and a memory card. Happy photo taking!]
"The Spring Season is a time for stripping away the expensive commercialism of Winter to bloom new life and appreciation in the new year. Yet some wish to find profit even in a time of reflection.
In stealing the sins of the season, Mockingbird sends its warm regards."
[Inside the egg you will find 15 packages of Biscoff Kitkats. How Lucky!]
[Should you try to report these in any way, all signs will point to the local Blockbuster.]
[Ah, yes. Someone's heard her brother's complaints about needing to eat.]
Yes, I do need to eat. Biologically, I'm still human.
[Was that in question???]
So far, I have not found any food I'm allergic to. I like ice cream best, but that's not a meal. I'm not too picky. But since you asked... My spice tolerance is what most would consider "low."
[She did not get really seasoned foods growing up. That'd be too much effort for a weapon in training.]
text: un: un: ♡☮STAMPEDE
Date: 2023-07-27 01:25 am (UTC)hey eve
you busy? i wanna uh talk to you about something
if thats alright
not an emergency yet, i dont think but like
lemme kno when youre free
un: eve
Date: 2023-07-27 02:16 am (UTC)Hello, Vash
I'm not too busy. Just reading.
What is it?
no subject
Date: 2023-07-27 03:30 am (UTC)not to burden you but uh
if you wouldnt mind taking a look at Jusis' post.
after that, I'd like to discuss maybe, if you're okay with it, having you stay at the cottage for a while.
i um
im afraid of having you be on your own right now
1/2
Date: 2023-07-28 02:34 am (UTC)Sure, I can check it.
[Wait, he wants to discuss what]
You want me to stay? At your house?
2/2
Date: 2023-07-28 02:41 am (UTC)One moment
[She goes to do just that.]
[Catching up takes a while since Jusis has a fair amount to share in his recent announcement. Some of the information is old news, heard from Jun when Krusnik last got brought up on the network. However, most are revelations of a very, very heavy sort.]
[The worst kind of news.]
So. Krusnik is in the city.
no subject
Date: 2023-07-28 02:57 am (UTC)The very same.
Dante found out a bunch of shit about them from his buddy, zero. apparently they target younger people; steal them away and try to turn them into some sort of monster for their own means.
im already worried about Kni
...but im worried about you, too, out on your own
youre the exact sort of person they'd target
and while im sure you do know how to take care of yourself
id
be more peace of mind
if you came and stayed with us until this was all over
no subject
Date: 2023-07-28 09:21 pm (UTC)[It's almost enough to distract her from the calls for lethal force, but not quite. Those worries are for another day.]
I know who they are. People who escaped from Krusnik brought them up while back.
[Months, it was months. Zero, that was the one who got that conversation going, yes? Eve hadn't talked to her, but she'd been quietly watching. Noting the similarities. She only spoke up when Jun addressed the app, confirming her suspicion. That they had a similar background.]
Like me, they were trained to become weapons. Is Zero safe? What about Jun?
[Focusing on the others feels better than lingering on the obvious: that she too is a target.]
[In certain circumstances, she might be more resistant towards his request, striving towards more independence. But not now. The thought of someone coming here, where she lived almost alone, her poor barely-trusted nanny definitely unable to defend them both. It brings back a terrible feeling in her gut. She can almost feel phantom pain in her right hand, recall the sound of gunfire splintering the wooden door frame. A mask and cowboy hat doing nothing to hide a killer's eyes.]
[She's already faced an attacker alone once. Eve won't forget how it went.]
I'll go.
The person from Zodiac who checks on me, she's not a fighter.
She shouldn't get involved in something like this.
Once I'm packed, how do I get there?
I shouldn't go alone. Right?
(no subject)
From:1/2
From:2/2
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:text: un: trienemybest
Date: 2023-07-31 03:55 pm (UTC)with Jun, he absolutely needs to check in. There's a lot to be worried about, after all. ]
Hey, Eve. I wanted to make sure you were somewhere safe. With everything going on and all.
un: eve
Date: 2023-08-02 08:15 pm (UTC)Hello, Varian.
Yes? I'm at the apartments. What is "everything going on?"
[Does it have something to do with why Vash seems to be checking in with her more often?]
no subject
Date: 2023-08-03 08:30 pm (UTC)We've heard some rumors than some really dangerous people are around. People who might be looking to hurt kids. I wanted to check you were safe. Also, you know, to let you know somethings up. Might be a good idea to not travel alone right now.
no subject
Date: 2023-08-06 01:00 am (UTC)I see. That might explain why I've been getting more messages the last few days.
[Vash might be the talkative type, but even so she's noticed the sudden uptick in texts from him. Checking in how she's doing, what's up, does she want a ride out for her visit.]
I am safe for now. I'll keep an eye out. And not travel alone.
[There are plenty of people in the Zodiac apartments. She's pretty sure she could find a group for shopping if she starts running out of food.]
Thank you for letting me know, Varian.
Are you also somewhere safe?
no subject
Date: 2023-08-06 10:26 pm (UTC)But thanks! That's a good idea.
[Maybe if things get bad enough they can get her somewhere safe. Varian distrusts the Zodiac apartments for his own reasons. He never went back after they aimed their thinly veiled threat at him during the peach mess.]
Anytime. We're all in this together, right? And thanks, Eve. I am. The place I live has a bunch of wards. Dad'll keep me safe.
no subject
Date: 2023-08-07 12:54 am (UTC)[Are the dangerous people some kind of killer? Another batch of kidnappings? She wishes she knew what to expect.]
There's nothing to thank me for. I can stay inside for a couple days. Hopefully we have more information by then.
[Eve doesn't blame him, having witnessed what went down. She had briefly considered looking for a place outside Zodiac living during the Peach mess. But in the end, Eve decided against it. Too many people leaving would have attracted more suspicion.]
Right. Together.
I'm glad you're safe with your dad. [Wait.] When did he reach the city?
(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:[ fwd. Dated: Sept 1st. ] text: UN: un: ♡☮STAMPEDE
Date: 2023-08-29 03:31 am (UTC)its been about a week or so since we brought you back to those Zodiac apartments hasnt it!!!
howsit going???
honestly
been a bit worried about you, living there kind'a on your own and stuff
like i know youre old enough to take care of yourself and stuff but idk
um
i dunno how to word this without sounding real dumb
i know the cottage is like
TINY tiny and there's only two beds and the hammock outside but
i got this
SUPER fuckin neat thing a few days ago...
and um
i think, if you want
like no pressure if you dont wanna but!!!
if youre okay with the idea
you can come back and live at the cottage again
for good this time?
um
wolfwood made you your own bedroom.
un: eve
Date: 2023-08-30 01:25 am (UTC)I'm alright. Things are...
Quiet.
[The place is quiet. She hadn't noticed it before, but after being in a hubbub of squabbles, chatty mealtimes, and occasional piano music, the apartment felt... empty.]
[Lonely.]
[Is she old enough, is she. Of course, Eve might think she's able to care for herself, but that's because she's a stubborn spirit under that quiet demeanor. Still, she gets tired, being on her own.]
[So right now, Vash fumbling over his words goes over her head as she's zeroed on the meaning behind them.]
I can go back?
I can stay?
[She would have been willing to sleep in one of the chairs if needed still, but... did Vash say Wolfwood made her a bedroom??]
[Wow. Um... Why are her hands shaking?]
My own room
[They really wanted her there.]
no subject
Date: 2023-08-31 02:44 am (UTC)the cottage was small and that was the only reason vash got her ready to leave.
But after exploring the teapot he'd bought for days, there was no doubt in his mind--there was room for her there.
There was no reason for her to be alone.
Not when she had somewhere to stay that wasn't full of echoes and silence. ]
yeah
yeah... yeah!!! you can come back
you can stay
you'll see for yourself when you get here, um
actually no, we can bring it with us
you dont even need to 'move out', the... thing we have where your bedroom is like a little handheld dimension...
oh boot on explaining it
when do you want me and Nico to come pick you up?
no subject
Date: 2023-09-01 12:38 am (UTC)[She hadn't expected it to seem so different. Or perhaps she was the one that changed.]
[Eve has picked up the phone and is pacing as she dictates speech-to-text. Excitement moving her feet as she scopes out what needs to come with her.]
Can you come today?
Wait, I should tell my housekeeper. [Nanny.]
Maybe in a couple of hours?
no subject
Date: 2023-09-03 06:22 am (UTC)all i gotta do is tell wolfwood to come pick you up and he will
a couple of hours works just fine
pack up whatever you need--we'll bring something to carry it so dont worry about that.
[ how much luggage could one young girl have, anyway. He's... happy that she seems excited, at least. ]
(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:Secret Santa!
Date: 2024-12-16 10:04 pm (UTC)As such, after realizing that his Secret Santa is an actual child who is most likely really looking forward to the Holiday and as such he would never recover if he even slightly messed this up... Eve is going to get a very neatly wrapped present delivered to her door, equipped with a pleasant little corporate Happy Holidays card and a gift receipt.
In it, packed so, so neatly, is an assortment of photography essentials, including filters, a case, a tripod, and a memory card. Happy photo taking!]
4/5; "Delivery"; Mockingbird
Date: 2026-04-04 11:02 pm (UTC)In stealing the sins of the season, Mockingbird sends its warm regards."
[Inside the egg you will find 15 packages of Biscoff Kitkats. How Lucky!]
text; un: bakusatsuou
Date: 2026-04-14 06:50 pm (UTC)hey
if you have any dietary restrictions
give em
[Eve has officially earned enough respect to get a "hey"!]
text; un: eve
Date: 2026-04-15 01:54 am (UTC)[...]
[Why is he texting her when they live in the same house]
Restrictions
You mean food allergies?
no subject
Date: 2026-04-29 11:32 pm (UTC)allergies
what you like or don't like
IF you eat in general too, i guess
[Someone's talked to Kni, it seems.]
i'm taking over some cooking nights
need to know what people can and can't eat
[No one has asked him to do this. He just decided to.]
no subject
Date: 2026-05-04 01:58 am (UTC)Yes, I do need to eat. Biologically, I'm still human.
[Was that in question???]
So far, I have not found any food I'm allergic to.
I like ice cream best, but that's not a meal. I'm not too picky.
But since you asked...
My spice tolerance is what most would consider "low."
[She did not get really seasoned foods growing up. That'd be too much effort for a weapon in training.]
no subject
Date: 2026-05-05 09:13 pm (UTC)actually
no
i've been here long enough to know that's just gonna be a headache
[People are weird, here.]
ha
laaaaame
but fine whatever
i'll make you and dinner sword wuss food
no promises i won't forget a pepper or two, though
[Bakugou loves spicy food, you see. ... and he has the spicy diet flaw, so. There's always a risk!]
(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From: